My Intimate Poetry: Glue.

We are shattered pieces, and yet to become glue. ― Tammy-Louise Wilkins



I see your pain, 
I feel it too. 
Nobody should be subjected to such hurt;
Especially, not you. 

I see your fear, 
I feel it too. 
You need not fear me, 
I wish you knew. 

I see your hope, 
I feel it too. 
I see your gaze flick to mine, 
Oh, I wish you could see how my heart flew. 

But I see her, 
I see your pain. 
I see the guilt but 
you're not to blame. 

I see us, 
you see it too. 
What we could be, 
something brand new. 

But it is not time; 
I understand that this is true. 
Your heart just as broken as mine, 
we are shattered pieces, and yet to become glue.

Get your copy of my latest poetry book, Letters  An Anthology, here:

Comments

Post a Comment

Want to share your thoughts on the post? Post a comment!

Popular Posts